Thursday, June 14, 2018

Day One

Rated G 

Well. Today is Day One of Summer 2018. My kid is bringing his A Game to Day One. This morning, we enjoyed waffles, we began a list of summer activity options titled "Summer 2018 Activity Options," and then we turned our attention to Legos because there are always Legos. So many Legos.

We perused my Pinterest Lego board (Omg, go to Pinterest and search Star Wars Lego ideas; all your desires are there.), and decided we would each build a cute little dachshund. Aproximately 7.2 seconds later, I had merely managed to locate several brown pieces. Buck had gone off-script and created the best Lego dog ever seen. Behold:


The foreground shows my tray with a modest collection of brown pieces, plus a Darth Maul figure. Buck's superior Lego dog is in the background. I should just have had Buck take the pictures because he would have done a better job than me.

After Legos we went to his cousins' house for a couple hours of fun. Then, we went to Fred Meyer where Buck helped an elderly woman put her items on the belt at the register, and I did NOT tell him to do so. After we got home, I told him there would be something called "Summer Chore" whereby Buck does a chore every day before he can have screen time, and that chore would likely most often be unloading the dishwasher. Following my statement, Buck turned to the task of unloading the dishwasher with grace and ease. So many adorable moments and its not even 4:30pm. And we still have a birthday party to go to tonight! What's up, Summer 2018?

Full disclosure, he did hurt one of his cousin's feelings and made her cry. He's not superhuman.

No comments:

Post a Comment